Last Updated on April 8, 2021 by Harsh Patel
Are you here to learn Digital Marketing and implement it by starting a digital marketing ad agency in the upcoming time. Your digital ad agency can be a great future for you!
So I’m going to elaborate on ways to start a digital marketing agency in 2021? Thus, I am running a Digital Marketing Agency for the last 4 years. I have been learning since then and now also.
One thing which I would like to tell you all is that I am Self Made & Self Experienced Digital Marketer. I just started off doing marketing for my own family business on all the marketing platforms such as Facebook, Google, Instagram, and many other various social platforms.
I did every single thing which a digital marketer does for a company.
Slowly and steadily I started developing an interest in this field. And I am looking after this business for the last 4 years now.
This was all about me starting a digital marketing agency.
Now let’s start elaborating on the topic and get deeper into it and first know that which all points are the must before and after means before starting a digital ad agency and how we can sustain that business for a long-lasting period of the term.
Below are the 10 Key Steps to Start & Manage a Digital Marketing Agency in 2021:
- Educate Yourself Along With Build Confidence in You
- Find Your Target Niche in the Business Sector
- Decide Which All Services Your Company Will Offer
- How to Find Genuine Clients
- Registering Your Business Legally
- Establish Yourself On All Social Media Platforms & Launch a Website
- Build Your Portfolio, Showcase Your Experience, Expertise, & Skills
- Build an Evergreen Content Machine
- Hiring the Right Management Team of Employees
So let’s begin with the very first and most important point.
1. Educate Yourself Along With Build Confidence in You
Before beginning, it’s very much important to have prior knowledge about your working sector. Understand and invest as much as time and money in learning and implementing new things which may be helpful for you to get success in your digital marketing agency business.
You will have to know about all the major components of digital marketing such as follow
- PPC (Pay-Per-Click) Advertising
- Email Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Funnel Building
- Content Marketing
- Affiliate Marketing
- Last, and most important other than digital marketing, which is graphic designing. You will have to even offer your clients graphically designed posters, web banners, text material, and so on.
Once all of this is done go behind and focus on finding the target niche to just start off with your business. And after getting success and good results with those targetted niche industry. Thereafter you can go ahead with working with another niche sector also.
2. Find Your Target Niche in the Business Sector
By this, I meant that you should find and choose your targetted niche business industry sector which you think will be good for you to work with.
Say suppose, I talk about myself, I am really very good at creating, designing and promoting E-Commerce Stores. And also at curating content on graphically designed content for my own business as well as my client’s businesses.
So I will find large retail hypermarket super shops & malls nearby my own town. And talk about my works with them in the form of a business proposal.
This way you also think in your own way that in which work you’re more interested. And accordingly, find your targetted niche clients.
3. Decide Which All Services Your Company Will Offer
Now comes the point where you will offer your clients different annual plans for Digital Marketing for their business.
Like people say that only do the work which perfectly suits you otherwise don’t do it at all.
Work as a Contractor itself instead of being a Founder or an Owner for your Marketing Agency.
4. How to Find Genuine Clients
This is an ultimate struggle for the up-and-coming digital marketing agencies and individual digital marketers as well. In fact, this seems to be an ongoing struggle for many of the smaller agencies and companies that I myself work with.
Following are some ways to find genuine and targetted clients:
- Find clients through business organizations
- Tell your friends and family that you would like more clients
- Do social media organic as well as paid marketing
- Invite clients through referrals
- You should keep your mindset clear. Don’t be so obnoxious. Just be friendly, open, aware & kind when you’re offered or invited with an opportunity.
- Last but not least, finding new clients for a digital marketing business is not an easy peasy job, It is a process that goes on and on. It depends upon how much power and capacity you have. That’s it
- Just keep all these steps in mind and you will not get any difficulty in getting clients. And even working with them for a longer period of the term.
5. Registering Your Business Legally
Digital Marketing Agency/Company can be registered as a sole proprietorship, partnership, or private limited firm.
In my own country, India registering a digital marketing company is a simple procedure. To open a Digital Marketing Company/Agency in India then you will have to just register your firm as LLP and get an incorporation certificate from the MCA. This all can be done by your Tax Consultant or Chartered Accountant itself.
All this may cost you between ₹10,000.00 to ₹25,000.00 or above. It depends upon the chartered accountant in India.
If you also want to register for a GST Number for your firm then you will need to visit the below-given link: https://reg.gst.gov.in/registration/
6. Establish Yourself On All Social Media Platforms & Launch a Website
Establish your personal brand social media accounts as well as your company’s social media accounts on all the major social media platforms like
- Facebook – posting content in the form of images, text, audio, video, story, personal conversation, publishing content on groups and with pages.
- Instagram – posting content in the form of images, text (tweet), audio, video, story, or personal conversation
- Linkedin – posting content in the form of images, text, audio, video, story, or personal conversation
- Twitter – posting content in the form of images, text (tweet), audio, video, story, or personal conversation
- Telegram – posting content in the form of images, text, video, audio, and document
- WhatsApp Business – posting content in the form of images, text, video, audio, and document
- Reddit – posting content in the form of images, and text
- Quora – content publishing, question and answers platform
- Medium – content publishing platform
- Google MyBusiness – posting content in the form of images, text, video, audio, adding products, and much more.
Stay active on all your social media account everyday atleast post 2-3 unique pieces of content everyday or on day-to-day basis.
Second, launch your Digital Marketing Agency/Company Website within the year of registering your company. Keep the domain name broad and also easy to remember. (Your company’s name should come in that domain name)
Search for your dream domain name below (Powered by BlueHost)
Over there on your website you can showcase all your experiences, works, certifications, different pricing plans with different price range for the clients who coming to visit your site through internet surfing.
Before you launch your website, you’ll want to keep content and competitors in mind. You also need to decide how you’ll find clients for your business. You’ll then need a domain name and hosting service for your site.
This was all about basic social media platforms and website creation.
7. Build Your Portfolio, Showcase Your Experience, Expertise, & Skills
When you’re starting a digital marketing agency, to get reviews and your name out there, you’ll want to offer free services. When you gain trust from your customers, you’ll then attract potential customers.
A good portfolio includes:
- In-depth case studies
- Headlines or snippets
- Client testimonials
- Upcoming goals for that client
You want to show your audience that you can deliver results and will continue to do so. Make sure your portfolio is ethical and honest, not stretching the truth.
8. Build an Evergreen Content Machine
Content marketing is one of the most effective strategies when you want to market a business, a website, or an online store. However, not all types of content will prove to be valuable for your audience, and most of all, some of your valuable articles may die of old age at some point in time by becoming obsolete and irrelevant.
Not every type of content will carry the same value over time passes. But therefore you need to curate evergreen content in order to make sure your marketing strategy will be as effective in the future as it is at present.
So let’s discuss, why did I used the word Evergreen for Content.
Basically, evergreen content is referred to as content that is developed and crafted out to be SEO friendly in nature. While extremely relevant, appropriate and qualitative.
It is a type of content that encourages people to stay on your blog post for a longer period of time which encourages better search engine ranking results, happy leads generation. In other words, it can be known as TIMELESS CONTENT.
Your content should also be in line with your brand voice. Pay attention to this advice because evergreen content, if properly created, will also help you grow awareness on your brand and make it more visible to Internet users.
Keep updating your content on an occasional basis. Because as per Google’s Algorithm the most of the content is being ranked on Google’s first page or the second page are the revised or updated article content.
That’s it enjoy building your evergreen content machine.
9. Hiring the Right Management Team of Employees
When you come to a point when you require a management team that can look behind all the management operations for your agency. It means that you already have a number of clients, already making a bit of the total revenue generated.
Below are some tips to help you with the process
- Start by hiring people for tasks that are easy to implement and execute
- Start by hiring freelancers, instead of full-time employees (hire time being employees only) to keep your salary expenditure low cost-effective
- Give them a pilot project to work on