Last Updated on April 10, 2021 by Harsh Patel
Do you want to create, build a blog & scale to a higher level? If yes then go through my step-by-step guide on how to build a blog in 2021.
The blog is an online informational or content website where the bloggers write articles based on their choice of niche. In this article, you will be knowing about how to build a successful blog in 2021 both free and paid ways. The blog is a platform where a writer or even a group of writers share their views on an individual subject or niche.
A blog can help you inform, educate, promote, and even sell, but only if you are crystal clear about your intention from the very beginning.
The blog is the online platform where you can start earning money at a very minimal investment of money or you can even start a free blog at the start until you become a complete pro.
Many bloggers like Harsh Agrawal, Anil Agarwal, Pardeep Goyal, and many other bloggers are making a perfect living and earning well while blogging. They are making thousands of dollars of money while doing blogging. Let us talk about some reasons why many people make a blog and enjoy blogging:
- To improvise their writing & thinking skills
- To gain and establish experience
- Increment in self-confidence
- Influence with others in the niche industry
- Making money online while blogging
As I discussed what is a blog in the first paragraph of this article. Now I would be exposing my personal trick of how to build a successful and profitable blog in 2021? So before knowing more about it, let me tell you some more about the word blogging.
It is defined as the set of many skills that an individual needs to run and control a blog. Equipping a web page with tools to make a process of writing, posting, creating links, and sharing content easier on the internet.
Now it’s the time that I tell you guys about
How to Build a Successful Blog in 2021? [Beginner’s Guide] Step By Step Method:
- Step #1: Choose The Niche About What You’re Interested in Writing
- Step #2: Use Perfect Blogging Platform Where You Can Start Your Blog
- Step #3: Buy A Perfect Domain Name For The Blog [Keep It Simple]
- Step #4: Get A Powerful & Fast Speed Web Hosting Account
- Step #5: Choose Good Design & Customize Your Blog
- Step #6: Start Writing & Then Publish Your Article Content
- Step #7: Do Promote Your Articles Through Paid & Organic Search
- Step #8: Make Profitable Money Blogging Successfully
This was the 8 Steps How To Build a Successful Blog in 2021. You will learn more about all the steps below. Are you ready? Get’s started…
Step #1: Choose The Niche About What You’re Interested in Writing
This is the most important part of how to start your blog. So basically, many of you might be thinking that what is a Niche, let me tell you that a niche is a topic or a subject on which you’re interested. Niche helps in growing organic traffic or audience for your particular blog. It would be better for you to rank easily on Google if you focus only on one particular niche or topic of interest. Don’t start multi-niche blogging from the very beginning. The first start from a single niche then after you get success on one blog of yours you may go with multi-niche.
The mindset of the people around us is simple like they just crave the quality content and will seek out blogs that meet their needs.
So keeping in mind this scenario you may start your blog with niche blogging which helps you in targeting a certain amount of audience out there on the market as well as on the internet.
As I said in the beginning, I am again repeating it that please go for the topic which feels passionate about. Like, suppose you have very good skills of SEO, you’re known as the SEO Mastery Person amongst your friends and colleagues.
So then you may start a blog on SEO Tips and Tricks and much more. Though you’re not sure about which niche to be selected then you may refer to some of the popular niches for blogging in 2021 are as follow:
- Make Money Online
- Health & Fitness
- Stock Market
- Online Courses & Guides
- Life Experience
- Personal Blog
- and many more.
Once you have selected your niche, it’s time to go for your blog name which in short refers to the domain name
Step #2: Use Perfect Blogging Platform Where You Can Start Your Blog
So when we’re talking about choosing a blogging platform where we want to start our blog and publish and promote our articles online. Then the first name in everyone’s mind comes to the well known CMS, WordPress.org, or WordPress.com. Different bloggers have different unique needs according to their lifestyle and budget. Ultimately the best of them will absolutely depend upon your choice and situation too.
If you think that blogging can be free of cost. Then you might be thinking wrong. There are few free blogging platforms like Blogger, Weebly, Tumblr, Medium, WordPress. All these platforms provide a FREE plan for all the bloggers who all just want to start or who are beginners. Over here everything is not in your hands. You can’t customize, edit, change, or make your blog look more luxurious. Secondly, they will provide you a subdomain where in that subdomain their Domain Name will also be there. Suppose let’s take an example as follow:
Now I would be briefing you more about this blogging platform from it’s a description to merits and demerits. Let’s Go,
WordPress is a blog tool, publishing platform, and well known for the content management system (CMS). WordPress is an open-source software you can use to create a beautiful website, blog, app, or to showcase life galleries. WordPress provides inbuilt beautiful designs themes for your blog, they have powerful features and here you get the freedom to build, construct, or modify anything you want. WordPress has both the free as well as priceless plans at the same time.
Fact: 35% of the webpages use WordPress, from personal blog and money-making blog to the biggest news sites online.
Let’s discuss some powerful features of WordPress:
- Customizable Designs
- SEO Friendly
- Responsive Mobile Sites
- Manage On The Go: Mobile Apps
- High Performance
- High-Level Security
- Powerful Media Management System
- Easy & Accessible
- An Open Source CMS Platform
WordPress even provides free downloadable plugins along with the purchase of the WordPress Paid Plans you make. A few of it’s paid plans are Personal, Premium, Business, and much more. In fact, you can grow without limits. With WordPress, you get a democratize publishing where has full freedom to BUILD, CHANGE & SHARE. WordPress is a software designed for everyone, emphasizing accessibility, performance, security, and ease to use. We believe great software should work with minimum set up, so you can focus on sharing your story, product, or services freely.
The basic WordPress software is simple and predictable so you can easily get started. It also offers powerful features for growth and success.
Medium is a free content publishing platform, where your words matter. The ideas and perspective which you won’t find anywhere else you will get to explore all over here at Medium.com. It taps into the brains of the world’s most insightful writers, thinkers, and storytellers to bring you the smartest takes on the topics that matter. So whatever your interest, you can always find fresh thinking and unique perspectives. On this platform, you will also discover articles based on different topics like Tech, Culture, Business, Politics, Life, and much more. Medium is a platform build for the people, quality, original ideas, clean reading experience, engagement and depth, viewpoints.
Medium is an article publishing platform where you can customize your existing published article whenever you want to. Your article will easily rank on the search engine with the help of this platform. A customizable reading experience for you. It provides you the power of the network, different ways to engage with stories, you may follow your favorite of all the topics, writers, authors, etc. So you can get any sort of story you want to read is always at your fingertips. These are some ways in which this platform serves you. Medium is a high authority blog tool as well as the publishing platform.
Blogger is a blog-publishing service that allows you to post your article for free. Blogger provides you a free subdomain with a blogspot.com extension. For example, it will look like www.digitalpresso.blogspot.com, Publish your passions, your way. Create a unique and beautiful. It’s easy and free.
Choose the perfect design over here design refers to the template. Choose from a selection of easy-to-use templates – all with flexible layouts and hundreds of background images or design something new. If you don’t know then let me tell you, Blogger is also an open-source software which was developed by Pyra Labs, which was later on taken over by Google in 2003. In fact, the content which you publish over here on your blogspot.com website is hosted on Google Servers.
You can also host your blog on different web hosting services if you want to. I would recommend if you use BlueHost.com Web Hosting service, you will surely get your blogger blog to greater heights in terms of hosting speed and security.
Connect your blog to Google Analytics in a few clicks.
Now comes if you want to connect your own existing domain which you already have or if you to buy a domain at a reasonable price you click this link This was all about the free content or article publishing platform called Blogger by Google.
Step #3: Buy A Perfect Domain Name For The Blog [Keep It Simple]
Choosing the best possible domain name for your website or blog is absolutely important as well as critical. Your domain name is something that deserves hours, if not days, of thought, and it’s no exaggeration to say that, in some circumstances. Choosing a domain name is something every website owner needs to ensure they get right – ideally before they do anything else, and especially if the website will be serving a commercial purpose. In short, you should choose a trusted domain name registration company to handle your domain registrations, as domain name complications could compromise your business. When going through the domain registration process you must be familiar with below-mentioned things:
- Administrative Contact
- Technical Contact
Booking the domain of your choice is completely okay. But you may select a domain name which is easy to remember, easy to speak and spell, shows your brand name in it. Many domain name searches will offer alternatives that may prove as good or better for search engine purposes and to build your online presence.
You may also the Free Business Domain Name Generator Tool by Shopify, and also there are many more name generators on the internet in today’s point of time. But this tool by Shopify is more accurate and amazing according to my personal experience. I have taken ideas for my own domains for other websites and also for my clients’ websites.
Choose The Right Domain Extension:
As you might be knowing that there are several extensions available on the domain name registrar. Some Domain Name Registrar at present on the internet is Domain.com, NameCheap, HostGator, BigRock, and many more.
There are many extensions available online on the different domain registrars. Some of them are as follows:
I would strongly recommend that you go for a .com domain rather than getting confused about other extensions.
Search for your dream domain name below (Powered by BlueHost)
I personally buy the domains from NameCheap and GoDaddy itself. Also NameCheap & GoDaddy both are the top domain registrar companies in the world. So if you would like to buy a domain then click here to get exclusive discount offers and also you can share this special link with your fellow friends.
Step #4: Get A Powerful & Fast Speed Web Hosting Account
This is another important step you will have to keep in mind to make your blog a successful blog. When we are talking about the website speed, there comes a Fast Speed Web Hosting service provider. As we know that Website Speed plays a vital role in building your blog. If any fluctuation in the website speed happens. The viewer would be easily flipped or converted to other blog or content website for which he or she has visited the website. So after buying a descriptive domain name, you will have to purchase a powerful and fast speed web hosting. As a blogger, I personally look after the following features in every hosting service I see online:
- Hardware Offering
- Website Speed
- Storage Space
I would strongly recommend you to use BlueHost’s hosting program
BlueHost Features Overview:
- Recommended by WordPress
- Fully Customizable Websites
- Easy To Use Dashboard
- Full Suite of Tools
- Built-in Security
- Fast Web Pages
- 24/7 Expert Support
- Outstanding Speed, Support & Flexibility
- Unlimited Disk Storage
- Unlimited Domain Hosting
- Free Domain Name [One Year]
- Supports International Domain Names
- Overall Email Support
- 3 Different Webmail Solutions
- Add On Domains
- cPanel Account Control Panel
- Web File Manager
- FTP Access
- SSH Access
- Site Analytics or Statistics
- Site Spam Protection
- WordPress Staging
- SSD Hardware
- FREE* SSL Certificate
- $200 Marketing Credits: $100 from Microsoft and $100 from Google Ads. When you spend your first $25 on any of the above Ads Account.
BlueHost is the most powerful web hosting which is useful from the business owners to the individual who desires functionality on a minimal budget, BlueHost provides your complete web hosting solution Click Here to buy the world’s most powerful & faster web hosting. Most of the bloggers like Syed Balkhi – WPBeginner.com, Harsh Agrawal – ShoutMeLoud.com, and many more other popular bloggers websites are hosted on this secured and reliable hosting provider. Let me introduce you to the plans and pricing structure of all the hosting plans separately.
There are three different categories: Blogs & Portfolio, Business, Online Store Over here we will be discussing the hosting plans which are categorized under Blogs & Portfolio Blogs & Portfolio: Bring your blog website to life with a website designed to make an impact. Showcase your talents with:
- User-Friendly Dashboard
- Quick Publishing
- Customizable Themes
- FREE Domain 1st Year
3 Different WordPress Web Hostings Which Are Securable, Affordable & Reliable [For Blog]:
Perfect for a new blog or website. Great to run only a single blog or website. 1. Single Website 2. 50GB Storage 3. Free Domain 1st Year 4. Customizable Themes 5. 24/7 Support 6. Microsoft Email 7. 30 Day Free Trial
Perfect for multiple blogs or websites. 1. Unlimited Websites 2. Unmetered Storage 3. Free Domain 1st Year 4. Customizable Themes 5. 24/7 Support 6. Microsoft Email 7. 30 Day Free Trial
Perfect for growing multiple blogs or websites to the next higher level. 1. Unlimited Websites 2. Unmetered Storage 3. Free Domain 1st Year 4. Customizable Themes 5. 24/7 Support 6. Microsoft Email 7. 30 Day Free Trial Also, there are alternate web hosting providers similar to BlueHost in terms of the features overview:
- Hostinger: Plans Starting at $0.99/mo
- NameCheap: Upto 86% OFF on Domain & Hosting Plans
- HostGator: Plans Starting at ₹99/mo
- InterServer Web Hosting: Unlimited Hosting Plans Starting at $4.00/mo
- A2 Hosting
Now let’s go further to the next step. Get started.
Step #5: Choose A Good Design & Customize Your Blog
In blogging, the design and the template of your blog matters a lot because if you don’t have great design, so you’re losing a lot of amount of organic traffic and audience. The good design of your blog develops trust between the people who are viewing your articles and your blog while they’re reading your blog.
A good design of anything encourages the reader to learn more about that thing. So the same is over here that good design templates help you in increasing your audience and also keeps your blog viewers encouraging.
If you take an example of WordPress it has a hell lots of themes.
Pick your chosen theme and install inside your WordPress Dashboard easily within a few clicks. That’s it.
I would personally recommend you to use the theme called GeneratePress which is a fast loading blogging theme for WordPress suitable for all the categories which come under websites or blogs like creative, technology, retail, make money online, e-commerce, entertainments, news, resources, and many other categories. So I strongly recommend you to go for GeneratePress which is absolutely a FREE theme. Click here to download and install GeneratePress theme on your WordPress
- Make sure that your purchase unlimited sites license
- Easy to manage theme
- The theme must be compatible with the latest version of the publishing platform (WordPress, Blogger, Wix or any other online content creation software)
- The theme must have a Responsive Layout
- The theme must match with your blogging niche
- The design of the theme should be simple and encouraging.
Step #6: Start Writing & Then Publish Your Article Content
Start your writing journey right away today without waiting for anything. Write as much article you can, don’t stress about how the article will look like JUST START WRITING.
As you’ll keep on writing different articles based upon different topics under your niche. You’ll start gaining self-confidence as well as experience would be built in you.
Just take my words in your mind that no matter how are writing skills are, no matter how your English language is, no matter how your article overview looks like? But mind it that your blog will only grow if you start righting by today itself. Start by writing a simple article.
Try to write the article in your words. Don’t copy from anywhere. And if you don’t know about your subject in much deeper. Then you may read different articles related to your niche online on different blogs.
Do such type of research work and then you can frame the article into your words and write. Within a short time, you will start getting ideas about how to write articles, do effective research, and also your blog’s readers will start enjoying and reading the way you present your article to them.
But the first most important thing to get the people addicted to your blog series is when you’ll START WRITING. READ the newspaper, books, magazines, information about your subject or niche, or any other articles that can be useful to you and your blog. Take ideas from your influencers, watch videos, etc.
Stay updated to the latest happenings around your niche or topic. Also, there are few FREE tools that you can use to improve your grammar skills and it checks the whole articles which are writing on a side by way. The free tool is as follows:
Also there few content marketing tools and keyword research tools like SEMRush, KWFinder, etc which are also beneficial to grow your brand image. Both of these keyword finders are highly recommended to be made used of while you’re writing. Yes, I have a special deal just for you, Grab SEMRush Tool Absolutely Free for 14 Days* if you sign up today!
Step #7: Do Promote Your Articles Through Paid & Organic Search
After writing and publishing the article, there comes the question in your mind about how to drag traffic to your blog or the particular article now. So the first I would like to say is that, copy and paste the link of your article into Google Search Console so that your article gets indexed within a few minutes.
Thereafter doing the above step, you have two choices either Driving Traffic to your blog through organically, this means driving traffic directly from the search engine (Google) or you may also go after paid advertising which includes promoting your blog link by doing Facebook Advertising, Google Ads, TikTok Ads, YouTube Ads and much more.
So now if we talk about what are the mediums on which we can share the link of our article are as follow:
- Facebook: Add the post link to your brand’s Facebook page, profile as well as community groups. You can also share your article link with your Facebook connections or you can say friends in simple words with a short descriptive text of what the article is all about in the beginning. Thereafter any user if clicks your link will be redirected to your blog’s link. As of today, there are 1.66 billion active users you’re using Facebook daily. That is a huge amount of users.
- Instagram: As we know that WhatsApp, Instagram, as well as Facebook all three social media platforms are under one roof is Mark Zuckerberg, So over here you can post anything if you want to do from Instagram to Facebook by tapping one of the tab buttons. As there is only one place on the whole Instagram where you can place any link. So you will have to write a sentence in the post description that “LINK IS IN BIO”. If your post gets leveraged then it may start appearing in the explore section of Instagram easily and steadily. Don’t forget to switch your Instagram Profile into Business Account. That is a must.
- Linkedin: This is the platform where you can connect with people within your industry or field of interest and employment. On Linkedin, you can connect with people up to the limit of 30,000 connections. This is the only social media platform where you can easily drive organic traffic to your blog within a short period. Trust me that if you haven’t built your profile or business image on Linkedin then you’re absolutely going in the wrong direction. Having your business account on Linkedin is a must in 2021. The layout of Linkedin is the same as Facebook as per the new update.
- Quora: This is the platform where the viewers ASK QUESTIONS and YOU WILL HAVE TO ANSWER them. So now, search for a few questions related to your article or the post. Then you may briefly answer the questions and then you may also drive traffic from over there. Just insert a link of “Read more”, put the URL of your blog post in that. But yes make sure that you don’t use links everywhere. Avoid over-linking the whole article or else your account will be banned and you will not be able to answer any of the future questions.
- WhatsApp: You can build your own broadcast group rather than creating a group where you can share the link of your blog post. You can just add 256 contacts in a single WhatsApp Broadcast Group then if you want to add more than you will have to create other sets of broadcast groups dependable on your number of contacts that you have in your list.
- Pinterest: Create attractive Infographics, Banners, suppose your blog is all about the Step-By-Step method of ANYTHING. Then you can make use of one of the free tools which are Canva over there you can create thousands of designs for FREE. So yes, I would recommend building a strong profile base on Pinterest as well.
- Medium: Make use of this higher authority website where you can easily copy and paste your article which you have written on your own website. Create an account on Medium.com for sure if you haven’t created one, then you may click here to sign up, and then you will know whats the magic of this article publishing platform.
- SEMrush: You can also gain traffic and increase your conversion rates by doing competitive keyword research with the help of the Marketing Tool known as SEMRUSH. Click here to get a Free 7 Days Trial*
- Advertisements: Run super quality content Google Ads, Facebook Ads, TikTok Ads, Linkedin Ads, YouTube Ads, and much more
- Guest Blogging: You can ask top-ranking bloggers to do a guest post for your article. This is also an effective way of driving traffic to your blog.
- Email Marketing: This is one of the best methods which come under digital marketing, if you haven’t started building your email then my friend, Trust me and start collecting Emails by today itself. If you have an email base of just 1000 mail id, that’s also enough for you to succeed in your career of blogging. So for that there many online email marketing software. But I personally use the Best of All, GetResponse Email Marketing Software. Sign Up Today For Free!
- Email Marketing will grow your business faster than any other marketing medium! I use and recommend GetResponse
Click Here to Claim Your 30 Days FREE* Trial
Features Overview of This Exclusive Email Marketing Software
- All-In-One Online Marketing Platform to Grow Your Business or Brand
- 30 DAYS FreeTrial- NO CREDIT CARD REQUIRED. You can try it for free!
- Do unlimited email marketing with the help of this software
- You can add up to 1000 contacts in your email database on GetResponse
- In-Built Top-Converting Landing Pages
- Marketing Automation
- Create free webforms and surveys
- Highly engaging webinars
- Track the analytics by using its advanced analytics and testing tools
- Automated sales, lead and webinar funnels
GetResponse is a comprehensive marketing software platform that helps you create content, boost sales, and increase traffic or audience to your website. Integrated email marketing, auto-response or reply system, and landing pages let you automate essential tasks and launch effective marketing campaigns. Advanced analytics make it easy to track conversions, leads, and ROI, and learn what your customers want. Customizable template scenarios do the work for you – coding necessary. So Click here to start your email marketing journey
Step #8: Make Profitable Money Blogging Successfully
And yes, here we come to the last and final step, that how to turn your blog into the profitable one. So over here you can join certain affiliate programs, run advertisements, provide free eBook or any course to someone, or any other goods or services in place of a qualified lead, over here what do I mean by lead is the customer data. Sell products, courses, services, guides, run sponsored content on your website, do affiliate marketing, integrate Google Adsense, and many other advertisement networks to your blog. Run ad campaigns on Facebook and Instagram to target the traffic and sell your product by the help it. Use the method of retargeting the audience by sending them consistent mails.
One more important thing over here comes is that you will need to have consistency and patience while you’re into this business of blogging. And one day your blog will reach to greater heights that’s for sure.
There are many ways to make your blog profitable and start earning within one month only:
- Join Affiliate Programs
- Sell Products or Services
- Post Sponsored Contents
- Business Partnerships
- Online Courses & Guides
So now it’s the time to ACT & BUILD A SUCCESSFUL BLOG with the help of this FREE Step-By-Step Guide
Ans. The blog is an online informational or content website where bloggers write articles based on their choice of niche.
Ans. Here are some reasons that why people nowadays run behind creating their own blog is: to improvise their writing and thinking skills, to gain experience, increases self-confidence, influence top entrepreneurs in their niche industry, and last but not the least making money online
Ans. You can also start a blog for free with Medium.com, Quora.com, Blogger.com, etc. In fact, over here you can only practice writing and publish your thoughts. But if you want to make your blogging business a source of passive income. Then you will have to do a minimal investment and purchase a domain and hosting.
Ans. So selecting a niche for your blog is totally dependent upon you. No one else can decide on which niche you want to work further. There are tons of online niches. I have mentioned some of the niches below:
– Health & Wellness
and many more…
Ans. Actually, first of all, I take ideas for curating content from Quora.com, Which is one of the most popular and high authority question and answers platforms (Q&A Platform). I generate traffic from there by linking my blog post link to the answers I write on it.
Other social media platforms like Linkedin, Pinterest, Twitter, etc. are really beneficial for increasing traffic to my blog.
Ans. You can go with the Bluehost Hosting service. I have already mentioned the link for the same above.